Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Services
Based centrally in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, our passionate, caring and experienced team can support you, whatever your needs.
Get in touch today to learn more about how we can help you.
Acupuncture may aid in the treatment of many women’s health conditions, including cycle regulation, premenstrual symptoms and more (1).
Acupuncture may help to optimise blood flow to the uterus and ovaries (2), and improve the receptivity of the uterine lining (3), which is important for a healthy conception and pregnancy.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have been shown to increase pregnancy rates in women undergoing IVF treatment(4,5), by optimising blood flow to the uterus and ovaries(2), and improving the receptivity of the uterine lining(3).
Research has shown acupuncture to be effective in the relief of pain of the back or pelvis during pregnancy, and may be used for a number of other conditions that may arise during pregnancy including nausea, headaches and more (6).
Stress & Emotional Support
Research has shown acupuncture may reduce stress and anxiety (8,9) and may be better than usual care alone for the treatment of depression (10).
Acupuncture may assist in supporting the the body in a myriad of ways, including heart conditions(12,13), digestive issues (14,15), and chronic condition support (16,17).
Our Treatments Are…
Six months of acupuncture treatment is less than one third of the cost of a single round of IVF**
Acupuncture utilises the body’s innate healing capacity, to promote physical, emotional and reproductive health without the use of synthetic chemicals.
Acupuncture is gentle and incredibly relaxing – many patients report falling asleep or going into deep relaxation during treatment.
Acupuncture has been repeatedly shown over a long period of time to be an extremely safe therapy when performed by a registered acupuncture professional (18). As with any other form of treatment, there are a few minor adverse effects that can occur – however, in order to minimise any risk, all of our acupuncturists are fully qualified and registered under the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulatory Authority (AHPRA).
**Based on weekly acupuncture sessions valued at $80 each, compared to a $6,000 IVF cycle.
Why Choose Acupuncture with Grace?
Dr. Grace Jones
Registered Acupuncturist (BHSc.Acu)
Passionate about Natural Fertility and Pregnancy
We have a special interest in acupuncture for natural fertility, ivf support, pregnancy care and hormonal health, and have studied these areas extensively.
We do not believe in one-size-fits-all approaches. Treatment programs are crafted and tailored to be specific to your needs.
We strongly believe that ongoing education in the Acupuncture and Chinese Medical field is of high importance, and keep up-to-date with the forefront of research to allow us to provide modern, effective treatments.
Our practitioners are all fully qualified, highly skilled and registered with the Chinese Medical Board of Australia.
Health Fund Rebates
After the treatment, you can claim a portion of your treatment back from your private health insurer (cover depending).
Conveniently available in Maroochydore and Buddina so you can choose which location suits you best.
Plenty of Parking
Each of our locations have ample, free street parking nearby.
(2) Ho M, Huang LC, Chang YY, Chang WC, Yang TC, Tsai HD. Electroacupuncture reduces uterine artery blood flow impedance in infertile women. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Jun. (Link to research)
(3) Shuai Z, Li P, Yang W. Effect of transcutaneous electrical acupuncture point stimulation on endometrial receptivity in women undergoing frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a single-blind prospective randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med. 2015 Feb. (Link to research)
(4) Qian Y, Xia XR, Ochin H, Huang C, Gao C, Gao L, et al. Therapeutic effect of acupuncture on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016 Dec 19.(Link to research)
(5) Hullender RL, Opsahl MS, Wiemer KE, Mist SD, Caughey AB. Impact of whole systems traditional Chinese medicine on in vitro fertilization outcomes. Reprod BioMed Online. 2015 Jun. (Link to research)
(6) McDonald J, Janz S. The Acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (Revised Edition). Brisbane: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd; 2017. http://www.acupuncture.org.au.
(7) American Specialty Health Incorporated Health Services Department. (2016). Acupuncture: Does Acupuncture Provided Within a Managed Care Setting Meet Patient Expectations and Quality Outcomes?, 1–12. (Link to report)
(8) Bussel J (2013), The Effect of Acupuncture on Working Memory and Anxiety, 6(5):241-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jams.2012.12.006. (Link to research)
(9) Reilly P, Buchanan T, Vafides C, Breakey S, Dykes P (2014). Auricular Acupuncture to relieve health care workers’ stress and anxiety: impact on caring, 33(3):151-9. doi: 10.1097/DCC.0000000000000039. (Link to research)
(11) Chmienlnicki B (2014), Hypertension, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/hypertension/
(12) Chmienlnicki B (2014), Ischaemic Heart Disease and Angina Pectoris, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/ischaemic-heart-disease-and-angina-pectoris/
(13) Chmienlnicki B (2014), Arrhythmia, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/arrhythmia
(14) Chmienlnicki B, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/gastroesophageal-reflux/
(15) Chmienlnicki B, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/irritable-bowel-syndrome-acupuncture/
(16) Chmienlnicki B, Obesity, Evidence Based Acupuncture, URL: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/obesity/
(17) McDonald J, Janz S. The Acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (Revised Edition). Brisbane: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd; 2017. http://www.acupuncture.org.au.
(18) MacPherson H, Thomas K, Walters S, Fitter M. The York acupuncture safety study: prospective survey of 34 000 treatments by traditional acupuncturists. Britisxh Medical Journal. 2001 May 23. (Link to research)
Tuesday: 1:00pm - 7:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Acupuncture with Grace is an integrative Chinese medicine and acupuncture clinic committed to providing the best outcomes for our patients, and empowering them along their journey to optimal fertility and wellness. Centrally located in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast, we have visitors from local suburbs and all over Queensland. Proudly servicing Buddina, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Alexandra Headland, Buderim, Kawana, Minyama, Parrearra, Warana, Birtinya, Bokarina, Wurtulla, Little Mountain, Caloundra, Aroona, Bells Creek, Meridian Plains, Palmview, Sippy Downs, Mountain Creek, Kuluin, Kunda Park, Diddillibah, Twin Waters, Pacific Paradise, Mudjimba, Marcoola, Bli Bli, Coolum, Yaroomba, Yandina, Ninderry, Valdora, Peregian Springs, Peregian Beach, Doonan, Noosaville, Noosa, Noosaville, Tewantin, Doonan, and Nambour.