At our Sunshine Coast acupuncture clinic, we can help to improve fertility by…
Stress & anxiety are often major factors affecting fertility and IVF outcomes. Acupuncture has been shown to effectively reduce stress in many scenarios, including in women undergoing IVF treatment (1,2).
Acupuncture helps to regulate reproductive hormones to improve the uterine lining and regulate the menstrual and ovulatory cycles (3, 4, 5)
Optimising Blood Flow
Acupuncture can help to optimise blood flow to the uterus and ovaries (6), and improve the receptivity of the uterine lining (7), which is important for a healthy conception and pregnancy.
Increasing IVF Chances
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have been shown to increase pregnancy rates in women undergoing IVF treatment (8, 9).
Acupuncture treatments are…
Six months of acupuncture treatment is less than one third of the cost of a single round of IVF*
Acupuncture utilises the body’s innate healing capacity, to promote physical, emotional and reproductive health without the use of synthetic chemicals.
Acupuncture is gentle and incredibly relaxing – many patients report falling asleep or going into deep relaxation during treatment.
Acupuncture is an extremely safe therapy when performed by a registered acupuncture professional (10). All of our acupuncturists are fully qualified and registered.
*Based on weekly acupuncture sessions valued at $80 each, compared to a $6,000 IVF cycle.
Why Choose Acupuncture with Grace?
Grace Jones, Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (BHSc.Acu)
Passionate about Natural Fertility and Pregnancy
Grace has a special interest in acupuncture for natural fertility, ivf support, pregnancy care and hormonal health, and has studied these areas extensively.
Grace does not believe in one-size-fits-all approaches. She crafts and tailors treatment programs that are specific to your needs.
Grace strongly believes that ongoing education in the Acupuncture and Chinese Medical field is of high importance, and keeps up-to-date with the forefront of research to allow her to provide modern, effective treatments.
Grace graduated her training with honours and is fully qualified and registered with the Chinese Medical Board of Australia.
Health Fund Rebates
After the treatment, you can claim a portion of your treatment back from your private health insurer (cover depending).
Conveniently available in Maroochydore and Buddina so you can choose which location suits you best.
Plenty of Parking
Each of Grace’s locations has ample, free street parking nearby.
- Quant HS, Zapantis A, Nihsen M, Bevilacqua K, Jindal S, Pal L. Reproductive implications of psychological distress for couples undergoing IVF. J Assist Reprod Genet. 201 Nov 20 (Link to research)
- Balk J, Catov J, Horn B, Gecsi K, and Wakim A. The relationship between perceived stress, acupuncture, and pregnancy rates among IVF patients: a pilot study. Complement There Clinic Pract. 2009 Dec 24. (Link to research)
- Chen B. Acupuncture normalizes dysfunction of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Acupuncture Electrother Res. 1997. (Link to research)
- Zhou K, Jiang J, Wu J, Liu Z. Electroacupuncture modulates reproductive hormone levels in patients with primary ovarian insufficiency: results from a prospective observational study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013 Feb 28.(Link to research)
- Johansson J, Stener-Victroin E. Polycystic ovary syndrome: Effect and mechanisms of acupuncture for ovulation induction. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med, 2013. (Link to research)
- Ho M, Huang LC, Chang YY, Chang WC, Yang TC, Tsai HD. Electroacupuncture reduces uterine artery blood flow impedance in infertile women. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Jun. (Link to research)
- Shuai Z, Li P, Yang W. Effect of transcutaneous electrical acupuncture point stimulation on endometrial receptivity in women undergoing frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a single-blind prospective randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med. 2015 Feb. (Link to research)
- Qian Y, Xia XR, Ochin H, Huang C, Gao C, Gao L, et al. Therapeutic effect of acupuncture on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016 Dec 19.(Link to research)
- Hullender RL, Opsahl MS, Wiemer KE, Mist SD, Caughey AB. Impact of whole systems traditional Chinese medicine on in vitro fertilization outcomes. Reprod BioMed Online. 2015 Jun. (Link to research)
- MacPherson H, Thomas K, Walters S, Fitter M. The York acupuncture safety study: prospective survey of 34 000 treatments by traditional acupuncturists. British Medical Journal. 2001 May 23. (Link to research)
SoulQi Acupuncture - Shop 5, 68 Simpson St, Beerwah QLD 4519
Mon: 1:00pm - 6:00pm