Your Maroochydore Acupuncture Clinic
Natural Fertility, Pregnancy & IVF
Acupuncture is becoming more widely used to assist with fertility, IVF and pregnancy. Find out why at our Maroochydore acupuncture clinic.
Hormonal & Reproductive Health
PMS, cramping, cycle irregularity and other symptoms of hormonal imbalances can dramatically affect our day-to-day lives. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. Find out why we’re so passionate about treating these.
Acute & Chronic Pain Relief
Acupuncture is well known to be helpful in treating a wide variety of acute and chronic pain. Find out how at our Maroochydore acupuncture clinic.
Mental & Emotional Wellbeing
Our psychological, emotional and social well-being are absolutely paramount to living a healthy, balanced life.
At our Maroochydore Acupuncture Clinic, we can help to improve health by…
Stress & anxiety are often major factors affecting our health. Acupuncture has been shown to effectively reduce stress in many scenarios (1,2).
Acupuncture helps to regulate hormones to improve subjective wellbeing and reduce associated symptoms (3, 4, 5)
Optimising Blood Flow
Acupuncture can help to optimise blood flow to different areas of the body (6), to improve the health of that area.
Our Acupuncture Treatments Are…
Acupuncture utilises the body’s innate healing capacity, to promote physical, emotional and reproductive health without the use of synthetic chemicals.
Acupuncture is gentle and incredibly relaxing – many patients report falling asleep or going into deep relaxation during treatment.
Acupuncture has been repeatedly shown over a long period of time to be an extremely safe therapy when performed by a registered acupuncture professional (10). As with any other form of treatment, there are a few minor adverse effects that can occur – however, in order to minimise any risk, all of our acupuncturists are fully qualified and registered under the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulatory Authority (AHPRA).
Why Choose Acupuncture with Grace?
Dr. Grace Jones, Registered Acupuncturist (BHSc.Acu)
Passionate about Natural Fertility and Pregnancy
Grace has a special interest in acupuncture for women’s health, stress management, natural fertility, ivf support and pregnancy care, and has studied these areas extensively.
Grace does not believe in one-size-fits-all approaches. She crafts and tailors treatment programs that are specific to your needs.
Grace strongly believes that ongoing education in the Acupuncture and Chinese Medical field is of high importance, and keeps up-to-date with the forefront of research to allow her to provide modern, effective treatments.
Grace graduated her training with honours and is fully qualified and registered with the Chinese Medical Board of Australia.
Health Fund Rebates
After the treatment, you can claim a portion of your treatment back from your private health insurer (cover depending).
Conveniently available in Maroochydore and Buddina so you can choose which location suits you best.
Plenty of Parking
Each of Grace’s locations has ample, free street parking nearby.
At Acupuncture with Grace in Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast, we live and breathe Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. Our passion is in helping, healing and empowering our patients to take control of their own health and wellbeing, through the integration of modern science and ancient healing techniques including as acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and more.
Situated within Maroochydore only minutes from the beach, our professionally accredited practitioners are passionate and highly trained, and practice modern, effective acupuncture and Chinese medicine to treat a wide range of conditions (which you can view here). It’s our mission to provide out patients with best possible outcomes, so you can be sure you’ll get the very best care we can give. If you would like to know more about how we may be able to help you, please get in touch – we’re always happy to chat and all questions are always welcome.
- Quant HS, Zapantis A, Nihsen M, Bevilacqua K, Jindal S, Pal L. Reproductive implications of psychological distress for couples undergoing IVF. J Assist Reprod Genet. 201 Nov 20 (Link to research)
- Balk J, Catov J, Horn B, Gecsi K, and Wakim A. The relationship between perceived stress, acupuncture, and pregnancy rates among IVF patients: a pilot study. Complement There Clinic Pract. 2009 Dec 24. (Link to research)
- Chen B. Acupuncture normalizes dysfunction of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Acupuncture Electrother Res. 1997. (Link to research)
- Zhou K, Jiang J, Wu J, Liu Z. Electroacupuncture modulates reproductive hormone levels in patients with primary ovarian insufficiency: results from a prospective observational study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013 Feb 28.(Link to research)
- Johansson J, Stener-Victroin E. Polycystic ovary syndrome: Effect and mechanisms of acupuncture for ovulation induction. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med, 2013. (Link to research)
- Ho M, Huang LC, Chang YY, Chang WC, Yang TC, Tsai HD. Electroacupuncture reduces uterine artery blood flow impedance in infertile women. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Jun. (Link to research)
- Shuai Z, Li P, Yang W. Effect of transcutaneous electrical acupuncture point stimulation on endometrial receptivity in women undergoing frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a single-blind prospective randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med. 2015 Feb. (Link to research)
- Qian Y, Xia XR, Ochin H, Huang C, Gao C, Gao L, et al. Therapeutic effect of acupuncture on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016 Dec 19.(Link to research)
- Hullender RL, Opsahl MS, Wiemer KE, Mist SD, Caughey AB. Impact of whole systems traditional Chinese medicine on in vitro fertilization outcomes. Reprod BioMed Online. 2015 Jun. (Link to research)
- MacPherson H, Thomas K, Walters S, Fitter M. The York acupuncture safety study: prospective survey of 34 000 treatments by traditional acupuncturists. British Medical Journal. 2001 May 23. (Link to research)